I'm so excited about this episode! We put the call out to you on our Instagram for questions about all things health and our in-house naturopath at Nourished Life joins me today to get stuck into them.
Melanie Ruckley has been with me at Nourished Life long enough for me to know that she's a wealth of knowledge regarding gut health, skin health, women's health and so much more. Today we have our very own health Agony Aunt answering your questions; from how to deal with cystic acne to supporting your gut microbiome. (It's important to remember that this information is general and that your own healthcare professional should always be your go-to for more personal health issues and direct advice.)
Mel and I chat about the best ways to combat hormonal acne, including which supplements are useful, and I share my experiences with adrenal fatigue. We also discuss hormone imbalance and how stress is often the cause. We also discuss fertility, toxins in our environment and just how important our oral health is to our overall health. Make sure you listen out for Mel's favourite breakfast and lunch ideas for busy mums with kids!
• To improve acne prone skin, Mel recommends getting to the root cause such as identifying stress, hormonal imbalance or dairy intolerance.
• If the body is producing too much of a hormone and the liver isn't clearing excess hormones properly, you may find you get hormonal acne.
• If your lymphatic system is sluggish, Mel suggests helping to clear it with herbal teas such as calendula, burdock and nettle.
• Mel's tips for optimum fertility are addressing adrenal fatigue and detoxing before you start trying to conceive.
• Mel's tips for dealing with adrenal fatigue are using mindfulness apps (being present in each moment), simplifying your life, getting to bed earlier, choosing healthy food and spending time in nature.
Mel's Top 3 Products