Have dry or sensitive skin? You may be using the wrong products. To fix this common problem I've made a list of 5 easy steps to care for your skin.
The best advice for those of us with sensitive skin is to choose all-natural skincare products with fewer but highly nourishing ingredients. This will minimise the chance of irritation as well as strengthen protect the skin against environmental damage.
Try an natural facial cleanser formulated for dry and sensitive skin. These product use hydrating oils to bolster the skin's ability to retain moisture and protect against sun and wind damage. Look for products containing moisturising oils like coconut, sunflower, jojoba, rosehip and olive that help create a barrier between sensitive skin and the outside world.
When it comes to sensitive skin, it can be unpredictable, irritating, frustrating and even painful so we've put together our top 5 tips on how to manage your sensitive skin for a clear, calm complexion.
1. Bring your skincare back to basics. When it comes to sensitive skin, less is more. Even natural products containing a plethora of delicious goodies to nourish and feed your skin, can be too rich, causing irritation and flare-ups. Often 1 simple product like a Pure Jojoba Oil oil can do the job of cleansing and moisturising. Especially handy as a simple evening routine.
2. Use a natural pink clay mask once a week. Pink clay is the a mild clay ideal for sensitive and dry and skin types. It gently detoxes and cleanses the skin, leaving it smooth and refreshed. It is also high in silica, which is great for elasticity.
3. Swap your serum or eye cream for a Rosehip oil. This beautiful oil is naturally low in irritants and has a wonderful ability to soothe and regulate dry, troublesome skin. It is also quickly absorbed and contains a number of antioxidants and fatty acids which may help reduce fine lines and help fight free radicals.
4. Use a shower filter. A shower filter is designed to remove dirt, rust, chlorine and other nasties, leaving pure water that will nourish your skin. Chlorine may irritate sensitive skin. We love the Water Shower Therapy Filter because it even contains Vitamin C and natural sea collagen for extra skin loving benefits.
5. Don't over-exfoliate. Exfoliating too often (more than 2-3 times per week) can irritate sensitive skin and cause excessive dryness. Pai Skincare have a great range of products specifically formulated for very sensitive skin and their delicate Pai Kukui & Jojoba Bead Skin Brightening Exfoliator is great for keeping your skin hydrated and healthy. The Exfoliator gently rolls over the skin to de-flake and polish it, unlike other exfoliators, which use uneven grains that can irritate the skin.