With the cleansing power of Diatomaceous Earth and healing Turmeric, the Supercharged Food Golden Gut Powder has so many uses. In this next blog I've put together a quick guide to all the ways you can use it as well as my favourite recipe from Lee Holmes.
An amazing inner cleanser, Diatomaceous Earth can help to improve the health and function of your gut by thoroughly purifying the digestive system of bad bacteria, build up, viruses and even parasites. Pair that with the incredible natural anti-inflammatory benefits of Turmeric, and you've got a supercharged gut health boosting supplement. Warm and spicy, the Supercharged Food Golden Gut Powder is a new take on the original Heal Your Gut Powder, combining Iron and Silica rich, alkalising Diatomaceous Earth with an anti-inflammatory blend of Turmeric, Ginger, Cinnamon and Black Pepper.
A versatile supplement to support inner health, this Golden Gut Powder can be added to your favourite recipes or used to make delicious, healing treats like golden Turmeric lattes, porridge, ice cream, smoothies and soups. You can even sprinkle it on your salad, eggs or toast! Vegan, Australian made and Gluten Free, this whole food supplement has a five-star health rating and can be used for so many things, but my favourite use would have to be in these delicious Gluten Free Oatmeal Cookies, a recipe developed by Supercharged Foods founder Lee Holmes. These mouth-watering cookies make a warming afternoon treat with a cup of tea or almond milk, and they're great in the kids' lunchboxes too.
Golden Gut Oatmeal Cookies
Makes 12 cookies.
2 cups Gluten Free Rolled Oats
1 cup Almond Meal
1 heaped tbs Supercharged Food Golden Gut Blend
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
1 Egg, whisked (Vegan: Blend of 1 tbs Flaxmeal + 2 1/2 tbs Water)
2 Bananas, mashed
4 tbs Raw Honey (Vegan: 1/2 tsp Stevia Powder)
3 tbs Unsalted Butter (Vegan: 3 tbs Grapeseed or Light Olive Oil)
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1. Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celsius and place baking paper on baking tray.
2. Place Oats, Almond Meal, Golden Gut Blend, and Sea Salt in a bowl and mix to combine.
3. In a separate bowl, add Egg (or Flax mix), Banana, Honey (or Stevia), Butter (or Oil) and Vanilla and stir.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry and mix with a wooden spoon.
5. Scoop handfuls of dough together and roll into balls, then place them onto baking sheet and press down with a hand or spatula to make a biscuit shape about 5cms thick.
6. Bake in the oven for 15 to 20 mins until golden. Once ready place on a wire rack to cool.