A Complete Cleansing Routine
Understanding how to use toner with your specific skin type is super simple and an excellent addition to any skincare routine. Packed with skin-loving nutrients and minerals, we have natural toners and face mists suitable for all skin types. So, what does toner do for your skin? Applied after your favourite natural face cleanser, skin toner works in tandem with other skincare products to prepare the skin for absorbing moisture, remove dead skin cells and work to reset the pH balance of your skin. Increasing the effectiveness of your natural moisturisers, serums and treatments, adding a natural toner to your routine is a no-brainer.
A Toner For Every Skin Type
Find the right toner for your skin by exploring the range at Nourished Life. Rose can often be found in dry skin toners due to its calming, hydrating properties, whilst aloe vera and witch hazel are among the ingredients used to treat oily complexions, reducing inflammation without drying out your skin. Higher strength options like Glycolic Acid toners can offer mild exfoliation for improved skin radiance and visible clarity. Looking for a midday pick-me-up or a refreshing makeup setting spray? We also stock a range of natural face mists that will make for a wonderful final step of your makeup routine.
Popular Q&A's for facial toners
1. What are the benefits of using a toner?
Forget the stringent, drying toners you might remember from your teenage. Thanks to today's new-and-improved formulas, toners are the quiet achievers of your skincare routine. They nourish the skin while addressing a range of skincare concerns, like dryness or blemishes.
These are just some of the benefits of using a natural, oil-free toner:
- Hydrates the skin and replenishes any water loss from cleansing your skin.
- Primes the skin so your other skincare products (like a serum or essence) can absorb better.
- Restores your skin's pH levels, leaving it looking healthier and more radiant.
- Repairs, soothes and calms inflammation, making it ideal for sensitive skin.
- Mattifies the skin and reduces the appearance of pores.
2. What step is toner in my skincare routine?
Toner comes after cleanser and before serums, face oils and moisturisers, and it can be used morning and night. For the best results, apply your toner using a cotton pad while your skin is still a little damp.
3. What's the difference between a toner and a face mist?
A face mist is a water-based spray that closes pores, refreshes the skin and hydrates it so it's dewy and prepped for the skincare products to follow. A K-Beauty staple, they can also help to cool the skin. While some mists contain other ingredients, like botanicals, they focus on hydration. On the other hand, toners are packed with skin-loving ingredients to prime, repair and soothe skin while targeting various skincare concerns. There's a place for both products in your skincare routine. After cleansing, spritz your face with a mist, and then swipe on a toner to match your skin type.
4. How do I know what toner is best for my skin type?
On Nourished Life, we highlight the best skincare products for specific skin types — and our team is always on hand to help.
When you're shopping for a toner, you can look for these hard-working ingredients to address your main skin concern: Feel free to add more ingredients!
- Dryness — hyaluronic acid, coconut water, chia seed gel, bergamot, blood orange,
- Dullness and pigmentation — vitamin C, rice water, glycolic acid, fruit stem cell complex
- Congestion or acne — tea tree, willow bark extract, witch hazel, rosemary
- Sensitivity or inflammation — aloe vera, turmeric, rosewater
We check every label so you don't have to.
- Cruelty Free
- Zero Waste Options
- Strict Ingredient Standards
- Clean & Natural Products
- Huge Vegan Range
- 185,897+ Reviews