Made from plant-based organic matter, Baxter Blue has developed a new kind of eyewear frame. Usually, frames are most commonly made of plastics or a material called acetate. Acetate is a pretty incredible product, and Baxter Blue Biodegradable collection is made of an evolved sister material, crafted in Italy, called bio-acetate, which is FSC certified and both bio-based and biodegradable.
Baxter Blue is convinced that the decisions that are made today will be shape the future we all live tomorrow.
What are the advantages of Bio-Acetate?
● Bio-Acetate is made of natural resources and organic waste. It uses zero fossil fuels.
● FSC Certified - The wood used for Bio-Acetate is cultivated and managed in compliance with the Forest Stewardship Council guidelines.
● Made in Italy, Bio-Acetate is a luxury material produced by one of the most distinguished producers in the world.
● Bio-Acetate is biodegradable. Baxter Blue's frames will naturally start to break down within 115 days.
● High quality. Acetate has long since been the material of choice for premium brands in the eyewear space. It's a high-quality, beautifully glossy, transparent material with just the right amount of bend.
Baxter Blue knows that we are at the beginning, not the finish line, but change starts somewhere. Between their give back promise, their sustainable packaging, and their bio ambitions, the brand is going for a better future taking big steps towards a smaller footprint, and believe this is the future of luxury.