I've been experimenting with cutting out gluten, wheat & dairy from my diet as a last ditch attempt to get back into my jeans (I had a baby 10 weeks ago). The problem is our house should never be empty of chocolate! So I have created this gorgeous chocolate brownie recipe which is not only gluten free, wheat free, nut free and dairy free but 100% organic & low GI:
- 75 mls organic coconut oil
- 75 mls melted raw edible organic cocoa butter (just chip off a small chunk and melt in the pot)
- 1/2 cup organic coconut sugar. This is the crystallized nectar of the coconut palm tree blossom, its beautiful and sweet and has half the GI of normal sugar.
- 1/2 cup raw organic sugar
- 1/2 cup organic brown rice flour
- 3 eggs (only use organic eggs, I use Glenrose Biodynamic eggs which are worth every cent)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 3/4 cup cacao powder
Melt the sugars and oils in a pot on the stove, then place into electric mixer and add the vanilla. Mix to cool then add the eggs, keep mixing. Sift in the flour and mix more. Pour into your usual glass Pyrex brownie baking pan lined with toxic free baking paper.
Cook for 20 mins on 180 and let cool down in oven. Don't freak out if it puffs up a bit, it will go back down by itself.