This week's episode gets a little bit dirty — we're talking about sex toys! I'm joined by Alexandra Fine, who is a sexologist and the co-founder of Dame Products.
Alexandra holds a masters in clinical psychology focused on sex therapy and actually made the prestigious Forbes '30 Under 30' list in 2018, so she knows everything there is to know about making sex toys that women actually want to buy!
Dame Products is a collaboration between Alexandra and mechanical engineer Janet Liberman. Together, their focus has been on closing the 'pleasure gap' (listen to find out what it is!) with a line of vibrators designed by women for women. In this episode, Alexandra talks us through how Dame sex toys were created, how to use them and what makes them totally gamechanging.
While talking about sex can be a little uncomfortable for some of us, Alexandra looks forward to a future where sexual experiences can be shared to create more positive interactions in the bedroom. Trust me, you do not want to miss this episode!
1. Dame Products were specifically designed for women by women to help close the pleasure gap
2. Dame aims to remove the taboo around talking about sexual pleasure
3. Advertising sex toys on social media is very challenging
4. Alexandra believes good sex is not just a physical act but is also related to mindfulness
5. Waterproof sex toys can help meet the demand of busy mums!
Links and resources:
Dame on Nourished Life
Dame Facebook Group
TED Talk - The Power of Vulnerability by Brene Brown
TED Talk - The Secret To Desire In A Long-Term Relationship by Esther Perel
Mating in Captivity, Esther Perel, 2007