Ep 32: How Carla Oates Pioneered The Inner Beauty Category
I know how long you've all been waiting for this episode. And today, I'm delighted to be sharing my enlightening chat with the gorgeous Carla Oates, founder of The Beauty Chef.
Today, Carla explains exactly what makes her products stand out from all the other powders out there. Especially her hero product, the GLOW ADVANCED Inner Beauty Powder.
Join us as we discuss all things gut and skin health, as well as the importance of inner beauty, lifestyle balance and wholefoods. Carla explains the origins of her products and the links between our microbiome and our mental and physical health. I finally get the low down on collagen and post-biotics. And ... Carla stresses the importance of gut health — your gut and microbiome regulate everything from brain health to metabolic and skin health. This is just such a fascinating chat with a dear friend, and I can't wait to hear what you guys think!
1. When you eat fermented foods, the nutrients become more bioavailable, as the bacteria has broken down the hard-to-digest proteins in the food.
2. A leaky gut is a cause of inflammation in the body and is linked to lots of diseases. The Beauty Chef GUT PRIMER Inner Beauty Support is a great option for this tackling this.
3. Carla firmly believes that a healthy and balanced lifestyle is the best thing we can do to nourish our microbiome.
4. Gut health is connected to everything. 70% of your immune system is in your gut and 90% of your serotonin is made in your gut.
5. Studies have shown that consumption of unfermented dairy is linked to acne, however fermented dairy is not.