I love Nicole's no-nonsense approach — she tells it like it is as we discuss greenwashing in the natural cleaning industry as well as just how dangerous mould can be in our homes. She also talks me through her very popular range of products. I had no idea that to clean your kitchen you need a formula that breaks down grease and to clean your bathroom you need a formula that is acidic to break down E. coli and bacteria!
Nicole is an absolute wealth of knowledge and in this episode, she is so generous with her tips and tricks to help us use fewer toxins in daily life. I was so surprised when she mentioned how crucial a good vacuum cleaner is! She's so knowledgeable in fact, that she has created a "Building Biology" course to train people to identify hazards in interior environments.
Open a window, get some fresh air and enjoy our amazing chat!
• Most supermarket laundry powders have binders and fillers that make them cheaper, but you need to use more to achieve the desired results.
• Many cattle stations across Australia use Abode cleaning products as their food grade cleaner, which means that they are safe for the animals and the environment.
• Abode are bringing out a body range featuring hand wash, shampoo and conditioners formulated for people with skin sensitivities, allergies and asthma.
• To combat bathroom mould, you should wipe down wet surfaces with a microfibre cloth to eradicate mould-creating moisture.
• Nicole recommends turning off all phones and routers at night to ensure you're not exposed to electromagnetic frequencies.