We've heard of raw food recipes, but have you heard about raw skin care? Yep, when it comes to clean living, we can actually make use of this health trend on our skin too. In this episode of our Nourished Life podcast, I find out whether the Dr Alkaitis range of raw skin care is so clean we could actually eat it...
We all know about raw food, but did you know there's such a thing as raw skin care? Back in the '90s when no one was really thinking about natural products, Dr. Saul Alkaitis — a chemist, research scientist and molecular biologist — was creating his eponymous brand, Dr Alkaitis Skin Care.
Dr. Alkaitis looks at the skin as a complete living organism. With his products he strives to bring the skin into balance and to maintain that balance. In today's fascinating episode he talks me through his clean skin care line, explains the science behind his brand and tells me how he keeps his unique raw formulations alive.
• Dr. Alkaitis uses the whole plant in his formulations, not just extracts.
• What you put on your skin absorbs and spreads throughout your body via your bloodstream.
• In his line, Dr. Alkaitis says that there will sometimes be slight differences in each formulation as the plants used change from season to season.
• Dr. Alkaitis believes that a soap made from whole plant oils (cold pressed) is the best cleansing agent.
• The Dr. Alkaitis Nourishing Treatment Oil is a universally applicable oil which can be used as a serum and a treatment oil.
Brand: Dr Alkaitis Skin Care