Ep 18: Why We Shouldn't Kill 99.9% of Bacteria
Many mainstream cleaning products boast about killing 99.9% of bacteria, but what if we did the opposite? Yep, it's actually possible to clean by adding more bacteria. Sounds crazy, so this podcast episode is an explainer on everything you need to know about probiotic cleaning.
Would you believe me if I said that you could clean your home by adding bacteria instead of killing it?
Welcome to the world of probiotic cleaning products. In a nutshell, it's the process of spraying good bacteria onto your household surfaces and allowing the army of good bacteria to scare off the bad bacteria. No gloves required!
On this episode, Michelle Perkins, the creator of Counter Culture, tells me about her innovative range of probiotic cleaning products. We chat about the growing opposition in the medical field to harsh cleaning agents and she explains how we can kick the household cleaning toxins simply by adding good bacteria. Michelle also shares insights about the growing body of research proving the vital role bacteria play in our overall health and wellbeing.
• Counter Culture products are brewed in the same way that you would make kombucha.
• Triclosan (a main ingredient in many household cleaners) may have a negative effect on the endocrine system, especially the thyroid.
• Our everyday overuse of antimicrobials has created a resistance to a range of bad bacteria.
• Counter Culture products aim to improve the environment of a surface, rather than trying to change it or kill off all the bacteria.
• Michelle says the Counter Culture Air and Fabric Freshener is ideal for pet stains
Enjoyed this podcast episode? Don't forget to subscribe and please leave me a 5-star review in Apple Podcasts or your favourite podcast app – together, we can make toxin-free living mainstream!