It's the age old question... do natural deodorants really work? In this episode of Talking Clean with Irene, I chat to the creators of bestselling natural deodorant, No Pong, to find out if it actually stops B.O.
Here's a story: I was once banned from an online forum for talking about natural deodorants. Can you believe how far we've come in recent years? Mainstream deodorants are some of the worst offenders when it comes to potential toxins as they can be full of synthetics, aluminium and parabens. Making the switch to a natural deodorant is such an important part of cutting the toxins out of your everyday life.
In this very highly requested episode, I get all the goss on natural deodorants from Melanie McVean and Chris Caley, the creators of Australian-made 'No Pong'. We talk about how natural deodorants differ from mainstream antiperspirant products and they talk me through the different formulas they've created and how you can get started with using them. Chris and Melanie also share their top tips for re-using their deodorant tins as well as what it's like to run a business with your partner.
And I'll keep you posted about the launch of their vegan version – coming soon!
1. No Pong does exactly what it says on the tin (hence the name)!
2. Antiperspirants and deodorants are classified as different products.
3. Chris estimates that someone transitioning from mainstream deodorants to No Pong might need a few weeks to alter how their sweat glands behave and therefore see a difference.
4. No Pong has a bi-carb free deodorant product for anyone with sensitivities.
5. Using a rub on cream deodorant is a great way of keeping an eye on your health by checking for lumps in that area regularly.
Melanie & Chris Top 3 Products:
- Life Basics Sunscreen We use loads of sunscreen and we love Life Basics one! The texture is great and it goes on smoothly, it's not greasy, not too thick or runny, doesn't get in your eyes in the water... and it's not a chemical sunscreen!
- Ethique Shampoo and Conditioner We just love these bars. The shampoo foams up beautifully, a tiny amount goes a long way and they're perfect to travel with.
- No Pong Original This product will always have a special place in our hearts. We believe it's the most effective deodorant on the market (we might be slightly biased), and we put so much work into getting the texture and effectiveness to where it is today. Every new product we've ever worked on since is measured against the benchmarks this product sets!
If you loved this podcast episode, please don't forget to subscribe and leave me a 5-star review in Apple Podcasts or your favourite podcast app – together, we can make toxin-free living mainstream!
Brand: No Pong