You might not agree with me, but I believe that organic skin care is one of the best investments you'll ever make! Especially when it's the highest quality and can actually bring the spa experience home to you... That's why this episode of our Nourished Life podcast is all about why luxury organic skin care really is worth it – and when I think luxe, there's one particular Australian brand which comes to mind.
In this episode of Talking Clean with Irene, I speak to Megan Larsen, founder of Sodashi skin care and author of Startups and Self Care. Megan was one of the absolute pioneers of Australian natural beauty, and her products are actually now used by organic beauty therapists and facialists in some of the world's most exclusive spas (but of course you can also get them right here on Nourished Life!) In this episode, she talks us through why she created this beautiful brand, how we can bring that spa experience home and even addresses controversial topics like essential oils in skin care.
"I've always said that skin care is a little bit like cooking – the best ingredients that you can use, the better the turnout at the end."
– Megan Larsen
Here's what Megan and I discuss...
• When and how Sodashi started (1:50)
• The very first Sodashi product, the bestselling Rejuvenating Face and Neck Moisturiser (4:30)
• Why Sodashi contains essential oils (5:00)
• How to use the range – why it's not necessary to stick to one "skin type" (6:07)
• Megan's recommendation for dry / mature skin – the Sodashi 'Rejuvenate' range (7:50)
• How to target fine lines around the eye area with the Eye Mask, Eye Lifting Gel and Eye and Lip Smoother (8:43)
• The exclusive spas around the world which use Sodashi products (9:49)
• The growth of organic spas (10:43)
• How to create your own spa at home (11:34)
• Complementing your skin care routine with inner beauty – Megan recommends Vitamin C and The Beauty Chef, specifically the Well Spray, and Ayurveda (13:11)
• Irene's Ayurvedic book recommendation: Eat Right for Your Shape by Lee Holmes (15:04)
• Why Sodashi products are more expensive than other brands (15:43)
• Which Sodashi products to start with (for dry / mature skin) – a cleanser, skin drops or enzyme face polish, and a moisturiser (18:12)
• Skin care routine for acne prone skin (21:45)
• Megan's book, Startups and Self Care – available from Booktopia, Sodashi, Amazon and Kindle (23:53)
Megan's Top 3 Products
- Sodashi Nourishing Repair Treatment – this night cream is the ultimate food for the skin. Packed with vitamins and essential fatty acids, it works whilst you sleep so I wake up with replenished, revitalised, dewy skin. It's also great as a day cream for those with dry or dehydrated skin. Amazing for reducing pigmentation.
- Sodashi Cell Renewal Drops – I use this aromatic skin-perfector daily. A compress treatment you add 4 drops to very warm water and compress on to the face with a face cloth. With powerhouse essential oils Rosewood, Lavender and Geranium, it supports the skin's natural renewal process to replenish and resurface and also uplifts the senses. A beautiful ritual to start the day.
- Sodashi Enzyme Face Polish This product is packed with pomegranate enzymes which lift away dead skin cells, dirt and pollution while the finely ground rice powder gently buffs the skin. There's an added bonus with this product too, it contains skin brightening ingredients so your skin looks as clean as it feels.
Loved this episode? Please subscribe and leave me a 5-star review in Apple Podcasts or your favourite podcast app – together, we can make toxin-free living mainstream!