You may have already seen our recipe for Golden Gut Egg Nog, but I have another one of Lee Holmes' (author, chef and founder of Supercharged Food) amazing healthy recipes to share with you! These delicious savoury muffins are from her new book (which is coming soon!), and yes, you bet they are boosted with the gut-loving goodness of the bestselling Love Your Gut Powder!
If you're new to the amazing benefits of the Love Your Gut Powder, which is made from pure, food-grade Diatomaceous Earth, here is everything you need to know. So... not only are these cheesy muffins good for us, they taste absolutely scrumptious too! Seriously, even the kids will love them. Plus they travel well and can be stored in the freezer for later — perfect when the kids are bugging you for a snack!
Goat's Cheese, Tomato and Spinach Muffins
- 25 g (1 oz) Organic Grass Fed Ghee, plus extra for greasing
- 200 ml (7 fl oz) almond milk
- 100 g (312 oz/2 1/4 cups) baby spinach leaves, chopped
- 250 g (9 oz/2 1/2 cups) almond meal
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Love Your Gut Powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
- 20 g (34 oz/1/4 cup) nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 180 g (614 oz/11/2 cups) crumbled goat's cheese
- 3 roma (plum) tomatoes, halved
- 6 stalks rosemary (1 TBS for decorating and rest for decoration)
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F) and lightly grease a six-hole small muffin tray with ghee.
2. Heat the ghee and almond milk in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the spinach and stir until wilted. Remove from the heat, cool slightly and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, sift the almond meal, baking powder, love your gut powder and bicarbonate of soda.
4. Stir in the yeast flakes, then add the beaten egg and the spinach mixture.
5. Crumble in the cheese, add a TBS of chopped rosemary and then stir gently until just combined.
6. Divide the tomatoes between the holes in the muffin tray, spoon the muffin mixture over the top and scatter over the rosemary.
7. Bake for 20 minutes, or until cooked through, testing with a skewer.
8. Turn out onto a wire rack and poke with a sprig of rosemary for decoration and enjoy warm.
Watch us whip up these yummy muffins below!