Boody Bamboo underwear is all about looking and feeling beautiful without harming the earth. Boody is your booties eco-friendly bestie! Finally we have an eco fashion alternative for our wardrobe basics, all super soft, comfy a great fit no matter your size.
Boody bamboo clothing australia is all about looking and feeling beautiful without harming the earth. Boody is your booties eco-friendly bestie! Finally we have an eco fashion alternative for our wardrobe basics, all super soft, comfy a great fit no matter your size.
The Boody bamboo brand is of superior quality with a super soft and silky feel that breathes and feels amazing. With a superb fit, seamless design that doesn't creep and made in your favourite underwear styles, Boody can be worn with anything; under your little black dress (LBD), leggings or sportswear. Whatever the occasion, Boody matches it!
Why Bamboo Underwear?
The company that grows the bamboo for Boody ensures superior quality by establishing its own bamboo plantation, keeping strict control over its operations. Boody bamboo is grown in accordance with the international organic standard of The Organic Crop Improvement Association (OCIA) and the USDA National Organic Program. This ensures that each stalk is grown naturally without any chemical pesticides. To further prove that Boody Bamboo is the best of its kind, the fibre has been tested for traces of any harmful chemicals.
Benefits of Bamboo Clothing
Bamboo is fast becoming known for its amazing eco-friendly properties and there are many reasons why. Not only is it great for the planet it can be cultivated quickly, proving a great "cash crop" to develop impoverished regions. The ecological reasons behind the switch to bamboo include:
- It's Extraordinary Growth - As the growth rate of bamboo is so high and the fact that is can grow in such diverse climates not only makes it a great "cash crop" it's also highly sustainable and versatile.
- Harvesting - As a grass, bamboo is cut, not pulled from the roots meaning there's no need for replanting.
- Yield and Land Use - As a cheap, sustainable and highly efficient crop, bamboo grows densely, meaning it uses up less land space than other comparable plant resources. For example, bamboo can yield up to 60 tonnes per hectare as opposed to 20 tonnes for most trees and only 1-2 tonnes per hectare for cotton.
- Deforestation - As an alternative to timber and cellulose fibre, bamboo can slow deforestation, allowing communities to turn away from the destruction of native forests to instead construct bamboo plantations.
- Water Use - Bamboo requires just 500 litres of water to produce 1kg while cotton can take up to 20,000 litres!
- Biodegradable - Fully biodegradable, bamboo clothing can be composted and disposed of in an organic and environmentally friendly manner... not that you'd ever want to of course!
- Pesticides and Fertilizers - Bamboo has its own antimicrobial agents meaning it's naturally resistant to pest and fungi infestation so there's no need for nasty pesticides or fertilizers.